Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Children

As I sit here on my living room couch, I can here the thunderstorm outside. The pit-pat of the rain on the roof and the thunder booming intermittantly. I love Thunderstorms. It is the time when napping is the best. The sounds are so soothing and reassuring that the grass wil be greener, the flowers will bloom a little bigger and brighter.
It is 6:30 in the morning. Anthony has headed off to work and the two little ones are snuggling in thier sleep in my bed. Such a precious site! It is mornings like this that make me remember that I am truely blessed. I have a warm (or cool in the summer) home, a wonderful husband, and three precious children. It is all I could ask for.
When I was a child I used to sit and think about what life would be like when I grew up. I didn't imagine the big, white wedding because that never was my style. I did imagine children though. I used to want 12 children! Then I got a little older and started babysitting and bumped the number down to 6. Then came the rebelious teen years and that is when I thought I didn't want any. Now, at 30 years old, I have three beautiful children and I feel that the family is complete. They each have thier own special qualities that can melt my heart and then get me upset all in a matter of minutes. They know how to pull mommy's strings. They are all good kids though. I love them uncinditionally and I always will. They are what makes life special!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment