Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shopping with the boys

Today Sam, Zach and I went to the grocery store to get our weekly groceries. Normally I would dread going to the store with the kids. Today was different than other trips to the store with kids. Sam was a big help and Zach sat in the cart and looked around at all the items in the store.
I was able to get all the items I needed and a few extras. Sam loves mint chocolate chip ice cream. He asks for it all the time, but I rarely buy it cause he is the only one who eats it. Today their single serving size ice creams were on sale for a good price so I let him pick out a couple. Of course there was mint chocolate chip. He was so excited to bring it home and taste it. It is so cute seeing the joy in the kids' eyes when they get something they want and really enjoy it.
At the checkout lane Sam was being his silly self and had the cashier laughing out loud. He is so funny sometimes.
We got all the groceries bagged and loaded into the cart and headed out the door. Sam even offered to help me load the food in the trunk. I handled that one on my own but I did have him bring the cart back.
I normally feel stressed after a shopping trip with children in tow, but today I felt relaxed and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment