Thursday, December 16, 2010

Teacher gifts....

Every year at Christmas I try to give a little something to the teachers, and lets not forget the bus drivers. I don't have a lot of money to go and buy things, so I bake!!

Last year  I made Peanut Clusters and Fudge. They loved it.

This year I decided to get a little more creative and make frosted brownies sprinkled with crushed candy canes. Yum yum. (Don't tell - but I ate like 4 of them)
One challenge was how to make them presentable. Whenever I make brownies for the family they  always come out crooked and there are crumbs of brownie falling of the sides. I didn't want that as this is a gift. Soooo, I did some research online and found that I could make cupcake sized brownies and use paper liners. The only thing I had to change was bake time. Instead of 30 - 40 minutes it only takes 20 minutes!!

So I made the brownies, frosted and sprinkled them. Then I put them in cute little cello bags and made homemade gift tags. I tied the gift tags to the bags, after the kids wrote their names on them. I sent them to school yesterday and everyone loved them! All the teachers and bus drivers loved it!

So here are some pics of my project:




1 comment: