Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My sick baby

My poor little man has been really fussy and just whiny since Sunday late morning. Also his appetite wasn't as big as usual. So I thought maybe it was teeth.
All day yesterday he spit up more than usual so I was thinking maybe ear infection, but he wasn't pulling at his ears.
Last night I fed him his usual bottle at 8:30. At 9:30 I was laying him in his crib and all of a sudden he started vomiting and gagging. It was the whole darn bottle and then some. So I get him all cleaned up, he is smiling this whole time (so sweet). I cleaned up his bed but decided it would be better for him to sleep with us in case he threw up again, so he didn't choke. He didn't sleep good at all. He was tossing and turning and fussing in his sleep. At 1 am he was acting hungry so I fed him and by 1:20 he was vomiting. I got that all cleaned up and he fell back asleep but wasn't sleeping well. At 3 am he was fussing so I brought him downstairs and he was dry heaving. I felt so bad cause I know how bad that hurts!! So I called the ask a nurse line to see what they recommend. While on the line with the nurse I was taking his temperature. Just as I finish the diarrhea starts. So I get him covered up and it explodes out of the diaper. As I am cleaning him up, it shoots out all over both of us. So I tell the nurse I have to go and get us both in the shower. She finished her advise and we got off the phone. I stripped us both down (except a diaper for him to avoid a trail of poo to have to clean up) and we headed upstairs.
Zach and I snuggled in the shower for about 15 minutes getting us both cleaned up. He usually hates the shower, but today the warm water must have made him feel better. We got out of the shower, dried off and got dressed and then came back downstairs. Then my sweet little boy looked up at me and smiled and dozed off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment