Monday, January 4, 2010

Post 1 - finally getting started

I have been wanting to start a blog for a while and just never got around to it. Well, today is the day!!! New year - new things going on. :)
I plan to use this blog for many purposes. I will journal things that go on in my children's' and my life, post my weight loss goals and struggles, fun things I did or want to do, cool new foods I will try, and anything else that I feel like putting out there. :)
Today I took Zach to the doctor for his 4 month well child exam. He was 16 pounds 2 ounces and 26 1/4 inches long. He is super tall and a bit of a chunk. He was healthy and got 2 shots - DTap and IPV. They didn't have the Hib cause it is on back order. Last time he had shots he got a combination one called Pentacel and had a reaction (swelling, redness and severe pain) at the site. The doc wanted to split them up to see if we could see if it was one of the shots or just the combination that cause the reaction. So far (3 hours later) he is doing fine with these two.
Tonight Zach gets to try sweet potatoes for dinner. the past three nights was squash and the three nights prior to that was green beans. He loves green beans! he even likes them more than squash. I hope he likes all of the veggies.
Mia got a late birthday card int he mail from her great-grandma and is super excited to spend the $10 she got in it. She keeps asking when we can go to the store. I might take her out later tonight when Anthony gets home so he can stay with baby Zach. It is FREEZING here today so I don't want to have to take him back out.
Sam is still waiting for his package to come from his dad. He is supposed to have a gift card for $100 in it for his Christmas gift from his dad. He has been waiting since before Christmas for it and every day when the mail comes and it isn't there he is a little disappointed. I hope it comes tomorrow so he can go shopping too.

No comments:

Post a Comment