Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sleep

We were looking forward to the infant massage class last night, but yesterday afternoon I got a call saying the instructor had to cancel due to illness. She did reschedule for two weeks later. I am looking forward to it then. Mia loved the class when she was a baby.
Last night Zach slept really good - in my bed. We are working on getting him in his own crib. He was doing ok. Monday night he slept in his bed for 1 1/2 hours, Tuesday night was about 4 hours, but last night was just 45 minutes. I know that he just needed his mommy last night. He went 7 1/2 hours between his 8:45 bottle and 4:15 bottle. I am really proud of him. He will be sleeping through the night (hopefully) soon!!
I know people have different ideas of what sleeping through the night is. I am the type of girl who likes to get anywhere from 9-10 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night. Of course I still have Mia coming in my bed every night. She wakes me up at about 1-3 am every day. She is 5 and still not sleeping for 10 hours straight. I am working on teaching her to get herself a drink of water, go potty, get hugs from mama (if it was a bad dream) and then tucking her back in. It is slow going also.
I never thought I would be teaching two children at once to sleep in their own beds. Don't get me wrong - I love having them in the bed and snuggling, I just don't sleep good that way. Zach is a wild sleep (moving around and squirming several times an hour) and Mia kicks.
Luckily Sam stays in his own bed. He is 11 and still has bad dreams so occasionally I will hear a little tap tap on my door and he just needs a hug and he is fine and goes to bed on his own. I know eventually all of the kids will sleep in their own beds and I will miss them in mine and that is why I don't push them too hard to sleep alone.
We are a snugly family.

No comments:

Post a Comment